Sunday, September 17, 2006

Late Night Laundry


I'm currently doing my laundry, so I have some time before I go to bed to quickly make some key remarks about life as of late.

I just finished Lonely Planet's short-story book called "The Kindness of Strangers". I highly recommend it to all people who love to travel, and would like a rekindled faith in humankind.

Aaron and I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Friday. It was pouring outside. I had a movie moment before we entered the museum; a truck drove by me and covered me in water from a street puddle. I walked into the museum, in other words, completely soaked (as if I had just escaped from a lake). It was a nice day there. We hung out with the Egyptians for a while, flirted with Chinese Buddha, admired a pianist playing an antique Concert-B Steinway, and glanced at some post-plague (aka dismal) artwork.

I went to a Graduate school fair on Thursday, and became rejuvinated about my potential career paths. I am thinking about getting a Masters in International Affairs/Policy/Relations, and perhaps concentrate on Public Policy or something of that general persuasion. The one Graduate school at the fair that really struck my fancy was University of Melbourne. And it's number 19 in the world! Of what, I'm not sure, but it's still impressive. The only question is: what are my parents' points of view on that?
Nevertheless, I accumulated 13 pounds (I'm serious, I weighed it!) of paper from grad schools that I am going to look over sometime soon. Some of it's Aaron's, so it won't be that bad, but still....

Chamber Choir auditions have been going on this week. In other words, I get to listen to a bunch of college kids sing, and then I get to judge them. We're not a large group....and I think there's a reason for that. Most of the kids are not that great. I mean, don't get me wrong, most of them have an ear...they're not bad (actually fairly good). But a lot of them play on as if classical singing is their forte, when in reality they are more meant for Rogers & Hammerstein. Nothing wrong with that, just not for a chamber choir.

I have concluded that I hate chick flicks. They make me depressed and resentful.

For the last two nights I have hung out with Danielle in her apartment. We do homework, or chit chat about assorted musings. I event turned down hanging out with people tonight because I was going over to her place to do some Law homework! Then again, they wanted to play beer pong. I, being the non-drunken type, excused myself with the lamest reason of all: my acid reflux disease. I scapegoated out of it, but I'm almost sure I offended a few people with my silly reasoning.

I have concluded that I need to start investing more of my life into some more social clubs or meaningful groups/organizations. I feel like my life is ticking away right now, and me just sitting here blogging about it is counterproductive. We're only young once, right? So why am I not acting more youthfully? This is a predicament that I will chew on for a few days until I come to a conclusion.

No comments: