Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I LOVE Macbooks


I received my new laptop yesterday. It's wonderful. I feel like the good karma came all around full circle, at last.

Last night, I went with Aaron to a debate with surprisingly skinny Thomas Friedman (NY Times journalist) and "ho ho ho" Joe Stiglitz (former WorldBank big guy) called, "Making Globalization Work". Overall, I was moderately disappointed. You would think that Stiglitz would be more of a public speaker, seeing as he is a professor at both Columbia and Amherst. But he paused a lot, stuttered a bit, and he talked far too much. He ranted for about 45 minutes to summarize his new book. Friedman was obviously more used to giving public speeches, and he related with the audience a lot more. Though, he was almost flamboyant...theatrical? Their points were well made for the most part, and good points at that, but sometimes they would get off topic to (it seemed) attempt to validate themselves. But, I stayed the 2 hours, and I am glad I did, in the end.

Dance class moderately whooped my ass on Sunday. It made running on Monday a bit rough. But, while dancing, I was horrified to see how much I unintentionally buffed up my shoulders. Girls' shoulders should not look like this, unless they're into the more masculine sports. I guess I'll have to cut back on the weight training, eh?

Danie, Cassie & I were all wearing the same tremendously bright color of pink today. The girls decided to create our own 3-girl sorority. I passively went along with the idea. Delta Kappa Chi? Because of our first-name initials? It exists somewhere...but not at NYU. Therefore, we're being original. And, to make it more silly, we're the Omega chapter. For those of you who aren't Greek buffs, Omega is the last letter of the greek alphabet. So, we're the last chapter. Get it? Eh, eh, eh?

I've signed up to do some (paying) experiments at the school's Psychology department. Let's see where this takes me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kimmmeee!!!
So you're going to be a lab rat?? Make sure they don't play with your precious head too much...remember, you are a delicate flower!
Glad the computer finally came to you and that you are enjoying it. I need you to post more photos! I miss you.
Mom