Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Happy Birthday, Alex!

Yesterday, after work, I went into Boston to visit Harvard grad student Alex and get a calendar that I bought off him while in London. I took the T to Longwood only to find out that he wanted me to meet up with him in the North End (which, if you’re familiar with Boston, is opposite sides of the city). An hour later on the T, and I am walking into the North End to some guys’ apartment that Alex knows from school. Alex greets me in the hallway by running to me, shouting, “Pretty dirty wh***!,” and suffocating me in a hug. It was probably one of the most confusing greetings I’ve received in a while; I didn’t know what to do. Then we proceeded into the apartment.
Let me just describe this apartment, because I am in love with it. It was an open apartment with one brick wall. They had a moveable wall so that you could block off the massive bed area with the TV, and a large living room. The cute kitchen had all new steel appliances, and everything was beautiful. I gawked the entire time there.
It was a night of us bickering and making fun of each other (consider it normal), political debates, watching TV and critiquing shows, and cuddling (etc.). Alex, being the lush that he is, did his thing, and I had a glass of wine. It was nice seeing him after over a year, but I did not appreciate him astropuffing my hair.
His 2 friends were adorable! Tyler, his classmate, is from Canada and was very tidy and studiously inclined. His other friend, Cash, was laid back and funny. They are a funny couple.
I stayed until around midnight, when it officially turned into Alex’s birthday. We sang, and I started getting ready to go home. Tyler and his boyfriend told me to keep in touch and come by more often (and that they wanted me to come to Alex’s birthday fiesta tonight, which I have to decline for sleeping purposes). Alex is a great hugger, props to him. He told me that we had to get together Tuesday, before he left for Greece. So, until then….

No comments: