Sunday, June 11, 2006

Art and Cops

Yesterday was very busy.
1) Jeff came over for breakfast. I made omellettes. We talked for a while. He said goodbye for 2 months, because he'll be in Ecuador teaching English. Damn Harvardians.
2) Garrett and I met for hot cocoa. We went on a little carride, and settled at Panera. 2 huge cups of hot chocolate, 1 massive cookie for me, 1 loaf of bread for him. He paid, that gentleman. Now I owe him on our next outing. We had a splendid time.
2.5) Scott called me and we had a good catch-up chat.
3) I ran over to Andover for Jen's Singing Recital. Being the good alumn I am, I agreed to turn pages for her while she played the piano for 3 hours. The concert was very good, and it was really really nice to see my young friends that I haven't seen in a year. Becky's voice was phenomenal, Steve's voice was perfect, etc. Jen and I agreed to have coffee sometime soon, and a bunch of the kids and I concluded to see each other this summer sometime. I joked around with the Sanders brothers after the show, and then I headed out to make myself dinner.
4) Dinner was couscous with spicy chicken. Ok, the chicken cleared my nasal cavity. Next time, I'm not putting so much red chilli sauce on them.
5) I went to Beverly for a little birthday party for a high school friend I haven't seen in years, Brad. He messaged me about his shin dig at his apartment, and I thought, "hell, why not. i haven't seen these kids in a while. i might as well make an appearance for a bit." Little did I know that Google's directions to his house took about 30+ minutes more than his place truly is from my house. Not knowing Beverly AT ALL, I got lost trying to find his apartment for about 10 minutes in the car, and 20 minutes on his street. Finally discovering that his place is HIDDEN, I got to the party, only to find that I knew him and one other girl. The other slew of people were strange strangers. All art students at Montserrat, which means mullets, dreads, go-go boots, leg warmers, and assorted scary fashion statements wandered around in excess.
I sat with some cran-grape juice and gawked at the creatures dancing, when another person I remembered from high school came by. We got in a conversation, and then 2 other old friends swung in. Somehow I found myself in Brad's room writing down things to do while in London for one of the girls, talking to an NYU dropout, and another guy that just happens to know more than half of my local theatre friends.
While talking to one of my old friends, and the rest of the mass is dancing and doing other silly party things, we are informed that the cops have come to break up the party. Being completely and utterly the only sober person within the building, I start giggling to myself about how silly it would be for me to get in trouble with the cops then for doing nothing illegal but writing down trip advice. Please note that this was my first party ever to be broken up by cops.
Thus, I stand up, look at the cops, and walk out the back door.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to say goodbye to most of my old friends, so I left them messages on assorted networking sites.
I then got lost driving home, forcing myself to call a friend for help. The sleep following was delicious.

No comments: