Sunday, November 11, 2007

Another Week In Review

Another busy week, only not much to be said, I don't think...

Last Sunday, after practice, Craig and I went to dinner at this random Irish-Mexican fusion bar/resto, Murphy & Gonzalez. Sounds weird, right? It was actually pretty good. And their portion size is out of control (you'll be good for days)! We had a nice time, chit chatted for a few hours about our recent events. Good times, great friend.

Monday was busy. After class, I ran to hang out (aka meet) this Costa Rican I befriended, Gabe. We grabbed a cup of tea and went for a little bit of a walk. It was pleasant, just walked and talked, until I ran home for my date with Katherin.
Katherin came over to make pumpkin brownies with Deej and me. Basically this recipe she had would make the brownies fudgey and amazing, yet not as fattening and healthier than normal brownies. What she didn't tell us was how amazingly dense they were, and how many brownies are made in 1 batch!!! Granted, we had a mess up with the oven and the brownies at first, but when they came out, it was a party. My buddy Matt talked for a bit on the phone in the middle, but mostly it was us 3 having a dance party while baking. Oh yeah, and Katherin brought over frozen yogurt AND was planning on baking apple crisp while she was over. It was madness sweets going on chez 2E! While we were waiting for the oven, we danced, talked, and took out language books in Spanish, Italian, and Latin. It was probably one of the best nights I've had this semester as of yet!

Tuesday I felt crappy.

I met up with Billy for lunch on Wednesday. He's one of my friends from FIAF. We met up there. Actually, it was crazy, I ran into one of the French girls I knew at Sciences Po while I was waiting for him! Small world... We had a good time at lunch, though. He paid (I owe him next time), we talked about a lot of things, his past, my future, and cultural differences. I really enjoyed the time with him! Afterwards, I had a bunch of meetings.

Thursday I went to Dad's office to get a box from Mom. We talked for a little bit, but mostly he showed me off to his coworkers, gave me a tour of the office, talked a bit to some people there, and then he walked me out. It was a brief encounter. It's alright, I was late for a meeting, anyways.

I had a lazy Friday, where I did mostly just studying for the GRE exam. My sister came into town late, though, so I waited up for her to join us at the apartment. She got lost before getting here.

I had to wake up really early to get to the GRE exam the next day. When I got there, they didn't put me on the list, so I had to wait for a while until they allowed me up to take the test. A 4-hour test. It was like going ot jail for 4 hours: they put you in a quite room and interrogate you for hours on end without any kind of relief. They wouldn't even let me bring in water or Kleenex to the testing room! Just my ID. I mean, people....I'm sick! So most of the test was taken in complete discomfort. I did alright on the exam overall, but I might take it again later. It just sucked.
The family was all in town this weekend, so I went to Roosevelt Island to meet up with them. After lunch, the girls (Mom, Aimee, and Andrea) and I went out to explore a bit of the city. I made them get tea and scones, of course, but they really wanted to go shopping (which I really didn't want t0). Funny, I had forgotten about the stagehands for the theatres in NYC were on strike, so EVERYONE and their mother were out shopping! Bloomingdales was a bloody nightmare (seizure-inducing), and the Disney Store (I didn't want to be there at all) made me really overwhelmed and a bit ill.
Afterwards, Aimee, Andrea, and I went to see "2 Days in Paris". Basically, it's about this American guy and a French girl (who's rather Americanized) having a relationship and seeing how the American behaves in the French culture. So, in other words, it was very familiar to me, only with the reversal of roles. And what's more, but the guy looked JUST LIKE Pierre! It was nutty!
Aimee and Andrea wanted to eat and drink after, but I didn't, so we went back to my place, did some talking (and they got freaked out with ghost stories), and went to bed. My sister, by the way, cannot sleep with other people, so after about an hour of her squirming uncomfortably next to me and waking me up each time, I went over to go sleep with my roommate in his room. All was good.

Today was today. I went to the gym, ate lunch at Roosevelt Island with the family, had choir practice, ate dinner at Rickshaw Dumpling Bar (really really good actually!), and had a project meeting. My life in a nutshell.

No comments: