Monday, November 19, 2007

Accelerando


Ah, yet another week where I have failed to find time to write about my life for those who are actually interested in the comings of Kim's life. Perhaps this is just a little blog for me to immortalize my life in hopes that someone will someday write a book based on the events in my life. Though, this blog is lacking immensely in some of the key parts of my to-be-novel.

Monday I registered for spring classes with ease. Deej claims his was a "shit show", however I don't understand why it would have been. I got all of the classes I need, and I pleasantly discovered I only have to be part time by 10 credits, not 11.5. Hallelujah!

Tuesday I woke up early to pick up a high school senior to follow me around for some of the day. I agreed to do this "Shadow Day" for my friend Paul, who now I think seriously owes me somehow. The program was poorly administered, I feel, and the kids did not come nearly as prepared with questions as I had hoped. Or at least, mine didn't. She was a quiet bumble, really. Asked me a few questions at the beginning, then shut up. I brought her to yoga, then we lunched with Danie and Cassie. I thought that since this was a group of college girls who are friends, she would find it more appealing to discuss with us college, or at least show some hint of personality. To no avail. Nonetheless, we dragged her to our Operations class. Though, we are terrible influences, and did our assorted "other" tasks during class. She must think that all college kids are like this, which only most are.
Afterwards, I went to audition for the Vagina Monologues. It was actually quite fun. I read 2 pieces: one about how a girl found a man who loved to look at hers, and one lesbian piece. I had a good time reading them, but I don't think I got any roles for it, sadly. I met up with Deej afterwards to go to Aaron's Buddhist Club event. They had brought in a Buddhist teacher to meditate and discuss with us life and his new book. And with a lot of food (Indian, to be exact). It was actually really delightful! And overabundant. I went home late, and hoping that I would be forgiven for my gluttony.

Wednesday was a work abroad Career Fair. Too bad it did not have nearly enough places that weren't internships or volunteer work that you have to pay for. I was hoping to find something that would fund me to work abroad, not me pay for it. Though, I did find two promising prospects that I filed in the back of my files.
More meetings for projects. I read (and finished) my book, Labyrinth. Really a GREAT story! I was turning pages so fast that I didn't want to stop. And the ending was a bit of a shocker for me!!! I thought about it when I wasn't reading it. In the middle of a break from reading, I grabbed some tea with Christina from Spain, who just gawked at me while I rambled to her my current events, ending with, "Please, have a calm week!!!!" I wish she was here the whole year...

Thursday I woke up early, yet again. This was for a phone interview about an internship with the MS Society. I would be their Walk (in April) Intern that would do a lot of logistical stuff. I actually really want this job, it sounds like fun and the woman was super cheerful and friendly. I'm going to their office in a week to meet more of the people.
More meetings. More working. Chamber practice went by, and it was a pretty good time. I think we're going to make it for our concert, after all.
Another day where I had to go to bed by 10pm so I could wait up at the crack of dawn (not even!) for Lauren's film shoot.

So I woke up early and went to the shoot. Lots of hauling things around. I was running all over the place getting things and retrieving people for Lauren. We had a good time, though! The actors were all great to work with and joke around with, and the filming seemed to go rather well. The only problem I had was that Denysha and I were the "flicker lights". Meaning, Lauren needed someone to wave paper in front of her lights to give the effect of a fire burning. For about 4 hours or so, with my tendinitis wrist. No matter, it's done now.
We went back to Lauren's place to finish the shooting for the day. Her mom, lord bless her, cooked a FEAST for us! Eggplant lasagna, meetballs, chicken cutlets, pasta, rice and beans, mashed potatoes...you name it! We were fat with food by the end of the night. And having a ball. Some of my favorite ad libbing by assorted actors during the shoot were phrases like:
  • Adios, witch! (We were in Medieval Scotland...)
  • We're going to carve out your heart and feed it to the village.
  • She was dancing!
  • Clear! Again! Again! Again! Again!!!!.....
  • You're not going to die on my watch.
I'm sure those mean little if you're not involved with the shoot, but the lines were in really fabulously ridiculous times.
After the shoot, I left early to go to my Chamber party in Brooklyn. Another time when I'm walking down the street in Brooklyn and realizing I'd been there before. My friend Dan lives only two houses away from my friends Knight and Gordon! So, we invited them over, ate some fruit, drank tea, chit chatted, and listened (and sang) to some music. When we all left the party, we had some interesting moments. Like, I forgot my black bag with gum at Dan's house, so Christina drove to meet me at a stoplight, me run to their window, grab the bag, and run.
Another funny moment was when there were only us 6 on the train. There was running around, climbing poles, and a game of Twister (mat and all).

Saturday I had the worst load for laundry ever. 3 bags by myself to the Laundrette, where everyone else was, and up and down the stairs. It took $10 to clean it all. And I was late for my meetings. Which didn't actually matter much, since we left as soon as I got there.
So, I went to the film shoot, where Lauren was slowly (but clearly) losing her cool a bit. So I stayed out of her way unless she needed me, in the kitchen, where her mom and the food was.
After the shoot, Caroline (the lead), Matt (a crew guy) and I decided to go together to a party for Caroline's friends. Which was interesting, because it was like a high school party, only in an apartment in NYC with 23+ year olds. They were playing flip cup and other assorted games. Caroline and I, not being much of drinkers, decided to play, but only with about a Tablespoon of beer in our cups. We won 3 times. Apparently I'm good at it.
The party shifted to this Beauty Bar nearby, which was unbearably full. Matt got randomly snagged by some chick in the bar, so Caroline and I opted to go back to my place and sleep early. She really is a gem of a person, I am so glad she and I got to bond a bit out of the shooting.

Sunday was more film shooting and food (which is now finally done!), a sad excuse for a Chambers practice, and homework until late at night.

Now I'm just getting back from a bunch of errands and working on projects. I have to run and get ready for the International Emmy's.

No comments: