Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Why I Joined Greenpeace

So, I'm coming back today from lunch, walking with the sunglasses on and my super baggy-boyish pants. And those Greenpeace guys are outside trying to grab random people to talk to on the street. Why not, I thought, I'll listen to what this guy has to say. I mean, I am in a nonprofit, too. SO! This guy (who's kinda cute) is talking talking talking to me about what they're about. So I'm just listening, but he's nervously shifting his weight and moving around, so I start smiling because I think it's cute and slightly funny, in an obnoxious way. SO! We're talking about where we go to school (as I'm signing up for the membership haha), what my organization does, the peace corps and our aspirations. Just joking and talking. And I mean, I can tell he's flirting with me, but I don't mind because it's part of the job. And he has stopped moving around and is leaning on the scaffolding to talk to me. Then his working partner comes over to watch and finally says, "He wants your number." Which proceeds in the guy I'm talking to saying "Shut up, Man!!" In that nervous middle school boy, desperate voice. And I look at his friend and give him the French shrug and continue talking to him. Then the guys finally says, "Well, since my buddy has officially embarrassed me, I'll let you go on with your day. Thanks!" And I go away, say bye, and scoot out. I mean, if he WANTS to, my name and number are on the membership form, right?.................

No comments: