Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy-ment


Oh so busy. I can't talk about a lot of it.
The job is still as it was when I started: frustrating and ungratifying.
I'm still being a hermit with Deejay in the apartment.
I am still running outside, although I am suffering from shin splints.
Dating is complicated and scattered.

I went to Michigan for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. Sadly, Grandpa's been not going too well, and we're afraid how much longer he has. Nevertheless, he was mostly in good spirits while he struggled to do his simple tasks in the home.
I was completely exhausted the entire trip. It was hard to do much, and I napped as soon as I sat down in a car or chair anywhere. I probably looked ill or something.
I did enjoy myself a bit, though. Joe (and later on with Mom and Aimee) and I went to UMich to the huge Art Fair! It was wonderful! The art there was simply stunning! And I fell in love with a lot of (extremely expensive) works of art that I had to unfortunately say farewell to in the end. BUT Mom did happen to buy me a few pictures that I adored for my early-Christmas gift. Thank goodness! And we went clothes shopping a bit, too. Mostly to keep ourselves busy.
When Joe and I were there, we got stuck in a Tornado Warning! I've never been in a tornado, so I was really excited. But then it turned out just to be a bad storm for us, so our seeking safety in the school's basements were in vain. And the cheesecake on a stick I bought was of monstrously huge proportions and a terrible, yet rather good, idea.
And I ate food that I should never eat. Bob Evans and Lonestar are evil!

There was a cocktail party that M4H hosted on Monday. I had to wear white and work 12 hours, but the party was actually pretty good. That's all I have the energy to say about it. Lots of drunken older (and some younger) people. Lots of pleasant circumstances, and not so desired ones too, came up.

Otherwise...hmmmmm....reading, working, running, sleeping. Busy busy busy, tired, and not willing to write much about how my life unfolds right now. Sorry, Deej.

No comments: