Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer Weekend

This weekend I actually was at home! Shocking, I know, I was surprised too. The only reason why I think I stayed around was because of Scott. Scott came home for Thursday night and most of Friday, so I made it my point to see him as much as I could before he drove back to CT. Jesse came over when Scott was at home, and we made Ghiradelli Brownies from scratch (Actually, Jesse did most of the baking....who knew he could cook?). You know, the extra gooey ones with the chocolate chips in the middle that make them ever more crunchy and good? Delicious.
So I realized I'm probably lactose intolerant. That was fun.

Saturday, I decided I really wanted to go somewhere. So, I put on a summer dress, told my mom to get in the car, and we drove up to Portsmouth, NH. Parked at Strawberry Bank, but did not actually go into the museum because it was sweltering outside. Instead, I went to the waterfront and read for a while. I got sunburned, which is both nice and bad. Afterwards, we hit up the downtown area and shopped. Bought too many CDs at Bullmoose Music(Stadium Arcadium, Ganging Up On The Sun, Senor Blue...), bought novel gnome magnets at Marco Polo, and whatnot and what have you. Splurged at lunch at some cantina place. It was a good day.
Shivangi came over later that night and we scurried off to Blockbuster to find a flick to watch. We aren't in there for 5 minutes and some employee comes over and gets ALL UP IN OUR GRILLS! I mean, this guy was just in our faces, trying to help us get a movie to watch. Nice guy, very much, and was all enthusiastic about helping us, but it really kind of freaed us out. I can't explain it well, but he was all over the place! Shivangi giggled the entire time, and we just humored him as he ranted off his favorite movies. I made the mistake of bringing up that I used to work for a New Line company, Lord help me. He finally left us to our devices, where we promptly put away all of the movies he recommended, and picked up "Sideways" in the end. They didn't have "Clockwork Orange". Shivangi is determined that the guy was hitting on me because he was so eager to help out, and basically only talked to me, but I'm pretty sure that it was just because I kept giving him responses while she giggled.
We ended up putting on the movie, but not watching it. We girl talked instead. Ah, the things we girls do.

Sunday was supposed to be Penny and my romantic day at the beach, but she never picked up her phone, which depressed me immensely, but I carry on. I had to mow our hideous lawn, anyways. 2-hours of fun-filled grass covering every inch of my skin (and eyes), sunburning on my sunburn, and trying to push a broken, disgruntled lawn mower up a 50+ degree incline.
After the swearing and kicking inanimate objects, I showered and concluded to escape the cave which can be considered my house. I did not know where to go on a 95F Sunday afternoon, since most things were closing early, and it was too hot to commiserate outside. Thinking fast, I hit up Panera, bought an iced green tea, and read "The Kite Runner" (which, so far, is pretty awesome) for a few hours. When they closed, I transfered over to Starbucks to read for another hour.
My girlfriend Becky called me then. She is leaving for China today, so wanted to see me, and half of Andover, before she left. So I met up with her and some other kids at Bertucci's for a dinner out. Shivangi (a hostess there) sat us, and gave us a free tiramisu. I overate a lot. Rolled out of the restaurant and cooled off at Becky's house for a while, and slept.

And now boss #1 is breathing down my neck, so I'm going to leave thy vain bibble babble, bibble babble...

No comments: