Thursday, August 16, 2007

This 'n That


Some quickies before I crash and burn on this here bed:

1) Went out karaoke with some friends on Friday. It was really fun, but kind of crazy. I sang "Sweet Home Alabama" with a Dannish woman. Hung out with friends. Let's just say...lots of things happened and most of it I will keep inside my brain somewhere.

2) Felix's brother, Tobi, came to visit me for a few days. We had a great time! He's basically JSUT LIKE Felix, only a bit taller, completely Aryan (blond hair, my god!), a lot calmer and relaxed, and younger. But their little quirks and expressions and characteristics are just the same. I kept forgetting who I was with.
I basically wore him down by walking him all over, but he tired me out too by doing all of the tourist things all over again. Regardless, fun times. His accent made me giggle sometimes (Felix doesn't have as much of one, it's true). And he can sure pack in the food! It was like we were quasi-dating, and I thought that made it all very entertaining. This woman at the Seaport told us that we looked like siblings because our eye colors were the same, and his response was, "But I'm from Germany..."

3) I saw Bourne Ultimatum with Nate and Tobi. AMAZING!!! I love that trilogy so much! In love with it, really. I only wish I could do those things...

4) Peter called me in a bit of a drunken stupor (and other substance influences) before the movie. It was 2 hours of him calling, me listening and hanging up, him calling back. He was crazy. Telling me existential stuff, stuff about me, stuff about him....him asking for help from me while he's in Scotland and I'm in NYC...That was highly intriguing, yet worrisome at the same time. I hope he's OK now...

5) Gym men...need to start letting me work out. Today I went to the gym, doing my own thing, when this strange trainer guy comes over in the middle of my situps to talk to me about "Why haven't I seen you around here?" 30 minutes of me trying to get back to my workout, while he tries to talk nicely and sweetly to me and offer his help and trying to get to know me better. By the end, he offers to take me upstairs on his free time and help me out, and I had to say, "Maybe next time, when I'm NOT in the middle of my workout already." Seriously, people? I go to the gym to workout, not to mingle and flirt. Please, let me do my thing.

Right now, my job is on a break because my boss is out of state for a few weeks. This means I have nothing to do now.

No comments: