Thursday, March 06, 2008

A Few Of The Rendez-Vous

Last Monday I made dinner for Dad and Bill. They seemed to like it alright, though it took forever and a day to cook. It had okra (which I am now quite fond of) and it was pretty simple but healthy! We had a nice discussion about what I plan on doing with my life (which, of course, is hard to figure out) and I got back home at a decent hour to start my homework.

Tuesday after work I went to dinner at Vento on Stern's dime. The best part of the meal, for me, was the Shirley Temple that I forced the waiters to bring me rounds of. The worst part of the meal was that almost everything had gluten in it! The appetizers were plentiful, and I couldn't eat a damn one of them, sans the olives and the garden salad. The waiter apologized to me for this, but I really should have known better...anyways, the food was good that I got to eat. The salmon was excellent! And I bonded with my friend Paul during the dinner, so no huge loss. The Stern alumnus there was completely drunk and rambled about not being a negotiator (sign of weakness or something...). What a laugh!
Afterwards I went to school to help teach Rob how to salsa. We didn't get too far though...mostly because we had to first teach him rhythm and music. Baby steps...though I had a ball with him

Wednesday I found out my Columbia application was due in two days, so I hauled my energy completely to the writing and completion of 2 essays for submission. I ended up going to Neil's place and hanging out with him and Chaz while they watched "I Know Who Killed Me" and I wrote my essays. Worst movie ever, by the way.

By Friday I was finally done with my application and passed it in! I celebrated my completion by getting sick on a really AMAZING cookie at Jacques Torres and chasing it with their spicy hot chocolate. Lots of gluten, bad. Worth it? I think so. I then spent the evening at Lauren's and celebrated more with chocolate-covered strawberries. We waited for Matt to show up so we could go to Jenni's rock show debut. She was nervous to the point of being sick, but she really did well! If only she had more confidence. Afterwards we went back to their apartment and talked more, like usual.

I walked around and worked on errands and homework all Saturday. I don't know why, but I was struggling concentrating on much, so I finally sought refuge at Lauren's again, this time to watch A Knight's Tale. What a classic.

I was supposed to go on a date after Chambers on Sunday with this guy, but he ended up forgetting and I wallowed in disappointment (or let down?) with some AMAZING chocolate from Australian! It's this great Dutch company that makes Australian ice cream with Belgian chocolate in New York! What else but globalisation. It really was amazing, though. I will definitely visit later on...And then I ventured on a romantic adventure on the eastern parts of St Marks Place. What gems in the city I had never known about! Health stores, kosher stores, a fabulous bookshop! I went nuts!
I then met up with Kami and had dinner with him at a Korean restaurant in the neighborhood. We had a great time joking around and talking about the world and our experiences, life, all of that. In English, sadly, but I was impressed with how much he had improved. We had talked for a few hours, and ended it with him coming back to talk to Deejay about Thailand. The UN is forcing Kami to go to Thailand for a conference there that he put together for free. Poor kid.

There was another Rendez-vous at FIAF on Tuesday that I went to. I miss French a lot, and it felt good just getting back into it! I want more now...
Beforehand I went to another career fair, which was not useful for me again (be surprised). I got some freebies at least. And I ended up meeting a woman teaching another man Farsi at school and got her information so we could arrange something between us. I'll be fluent in no time.

Wednesday I cleared my schedule to go visit Sanavita to meditate. Lord, did I need it! I worked out a lot of issues I was going through, and some more interesting phenomenons happened while I was going through my shamanic journey. I have a lot to work out still, but it was nice getting myself back into itself and kind of sinking into my core. I am feeling better again.

Finally! Today my dear Alex came in from Paris! She's jet-lagged now and is asleep, but she is wonderful and I'm so glad to have her with me for the week. We had a great talk, I cooked us dinner, and she brought me Swiss chocolate! Oh man....that girl knows me too well. I look forward to some interesting days with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.