Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Some Little Thiings & One Bigger Thing


Last weekend I had lunch with my older friend Billy. We got sushi. It was nice to see him. He's an interesting guy; he is from Venezuela but moved to Minneapolis for education. Then he moved to NYC in the summer for cathartic healing after a divorce. And now he's back in MN selling all of his possessions so he can hop from place to place as an art educator. He was visiting NYC for a few days to do some business deals, I think.
Anyways, we talked and joked a lot. The sushi was good. I am calling him Amen Ra now because he looks just like a toss-up between a pharaoh and Mr. Clean.

I celebrated Valentine's Day with Lauren and Jenni. I ended up buying an entire wheel of French Camembert at Murray's (because I can eat French cheeses somehow) and apricot spread. We feasted on cookies (dough and cooked), chocolate goods, and cheese. The wheel was finished quickly. And I had a bloated stomach for a few days after. We enjoyed our Love Day enough, and I think we got more out of it than most did.

The next day I ate dinner with Andy & his lover boy, Evan. Evan is a great guy! I feel like I can really connect with him, which is fabulous. We ate at my favorite, VP2, and discussed my shamanic journey. Andy and I ended up getting dessert afterwards at Whole Foods (berries and soy chocolate pudding!) and discussed more about our lives and his medical endeavors.

I had another session at Sanavita. It was a completely different experience from the time before; this time, I was completely awake and a aware of everything during and after the journey. Alexander, my friendly shaman, pin-pointed one of my main human struggles, and we worked through it. He reminded me that people with our strength in energy shouldn't focus our energy in concentrated amounts because it's too powerful. I am starting to understand the shamanic journey now.
I played with his babies afterwards for about an hour. They are absolutely adorable, but I made the infant boy cry a bit, I'm afraid. Too much?
Then I went back to Lauren to talk about my healing session. As always. We have interesting conversations that no one else would be able to handle, I feel.

This week has been a lot of...just...preparing. Take that for what it's worth.

I also got tea with Natasha, after about over a year of neglect. She looked like she was a bit out of it. Afterwards I drank tea with Rob, my rock. He always makes me giggle and laugh, just because of his ridiculous stories. Quite a change between those two tea dates. Rob ended up scolding me for much of the night about men's names and that I was never allowed to date men with these "soft" names (hahahahahahahahaha *breathe* hahahahahahahah). And I still need to teach Rob how to salsa...I promised.

I keep sleeping through yoga class! I need to get that under control.
Working on Friday...in DC

No comments: