Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Let's See...


What have I been up to?

Doctor's appointments to fix some doctor-induced issues....
Career appointments to help me get into something I want to do after school...
I went last night to a Diversity Leadership Career Conference. Free food was great. Conversation was lacking. The companies there I barely had any interest for. But that's alright, I got fed, and got a free Nalgene Bottle!

Saturday, Nate called me and we hung out in his studio all day. He had some musical things to do, and I was writing a report, so it was pretty low key. He wanted to get me in the sound booth, but I somehow managed to delay that fateful day one more.
We ordered out dinner and ate it in the studio, had some wine, and then headed back to Bushwick. I know, I know....
When we got to his place, we watched "Event Horizon", this sci-fi thriller that I actually somewhat enjoyed. We made good hearty jokes during it, making it all the more fun to watch. Then we night-capped with South Park. I crashed at his place, seeing it was too late to leave Brooklyn.
I had a stomach ache most of the night, so the sleeping was an issue for me, but luckily he was out cold.

Chambers on Sunday was alright. We joked a bit, got through almost 2 songs....I'm starting to re-enjoy the group.

A funny story from last week: The day Obama came to WSP, CAS was throwing a little street fair/BBQ. Deej and I stumbled upon it in between classes, while it was ending and they were cleaning up. We walked around it, and found a Health Booth, loaded with condoms. Well, the girls running the booth asked us to clear them of condoms. So, I opened my schoolbag, took their try o' condoms, and wiped them into my satchel. With some lube and Jolly Ranchers, too.
Much to my dismay, I forgot that the place I put them was where I stashed my pens, cellphone, and wallet. And I had class in Stern, where the Puritans live. And I had to get my pen for class. So, I slowly unzipped my bag, stuck my arm way down deep into the bag, and searched for a pen. The crinkle-crinkle noises of the condoms were loud enough for the kids to look at me with shock and slight disdain.

No comments: