Monday, September 17, 2007

To The Point

I love Marion. And Thomas, too.
Marion and Thomas from Sciences Po came into NYC to visit for the weekend.
Well, Thomas went to NJ for the weekend, but I saw him at the beginning and end of it all.
Marion and I walked A LOT. And we talked a lot. I did the tourist things all over again, but it was fine because we had fun. And I spoke in a lot of French.
We got to walk through the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy and get called at by Italian guys on the overly crowded streets. And we made a lot of friends on the street while we sang and dance all over the place. We were such goofballs!
It was Guacamole Day in Times Square and we got free guac on the street! And it was good.
We met a very kind old British guy on the Staten Island Ferry, who told me that my accent was very interesting because it was not entirely American, but just American enough that he couldn't place it.

Chambers had auditions. I'm Vice President now (be excited....), which means more responsibility, but mostly just being as influential as I've been the entire time. We had a lot of fun during the auditions, since we're all friends. We made a lot of awkward comments during auditions, and got sidetracked a lot. I think, though, that our joking around made it a lot easier for us to tell who would actually work out well with the dynamics of the group. One guy was good enough, but he did not bounce off well with us, so we aren't going to take him. Easy cuts, easy finds. And (what a miracle!) we got 3 more men! I don't think we've ever had that many men try out for us!

Otherwise, school is school. Lots of work to be done, lots of work has been done. Enjoying some of it, not enjoying some of it whatsoever.

No comments: