Thursday, January 24, 2008

So Fatiguée


I have had a lot on my plate lately, and most of it just deals with work and classes.
I went to Mariam's bday party at Crocodile Lounge; the singlemost worst place for me to ever want to go to. Free pizza per beer bought. Let's think about this one: a gluten and dairy-free girl walks into a bar....But it was fun regardless. I felt bad because a few of the kids there apparently knew me and my mind ran a blank. Classy. Katherin, Mariam, and I bonded a bit about the gym.

After about two weeks of going late-night to bars and hookah lounges and everything else in between, Lauren and I FINALLY successfully found a hookah café that served the tea we wanted for our birthday celebrations! Thank god! And it's an adorable little place. I'm excited for tomorrow...

The family came to town for last weekend to celebrate my 22nd. We mostly chilled out (literally, it's freezing) in the Roosevelt Island apartment, which is all fine. It was funny to me how hard it was to accommodate for me and my new dietary habits. My mom wanted to make a casserole dish with Cream of Mushroom, but was not convinced that it had dairy in it. And the next few times I requested certain foods that I knew were pretty safe for me, though everyone else seemed to look at the food as if it were alien. Oh, it was also funny to me that for my birthday dinner we made gluten&dairy-free chili.....and they had put out cheesy garlic bread. Hahaha at least the rest of them enjoyed it.
I got some really great business suits and dresses for my birthday.
On Saturday I dragged the girls to the MoMa because it had a few exhibitions I was interested in. I really do love art, but I'm not one to stand and gaze at the art for minutes. I like walking through it, taking it all in. Aimee and I were trailblazing the place while Andrea and my mom put every painting into their longterm memories. I'm just joking, Mom. But my favorite parts of the exhibits were the really weird stuff. Aimee and I enjoyed two very specific moving art pieces: "Gordon's Makes Us Very Drunk", where two proper British guys were sitting around repeating the phrase, and another where some earthy fellow kept moving in abrupt ways and repeating, "I Am Making Art".
The next day we say 27 Dresses with all of the other women of Manhattan. It was SUCH a chick-flick!!! But I enjoyed it mostly, I chortled at a few ridiculous parts, and the women's reactions to certain parts of the movie were stereotypical.
We also went to Lululemon's to get some new gym clothes for my birthday. That place is like gym-aholic's heaven! I could have taken one of everything!!!! Too bad I'm so short; I'm still waiting for a pair of pants to be hemmed for my height.

Before school started, I ended up getting some really sweet tea with Neil and chit chatting about our dysfunctional selves, and in between errands Aaron came over and remarked at my overly-somber mood. I'm working on it, folks.

And then my birthday occurred. I wouldn't say it happened, because I will be officially partaking in celebrating it this weekend, but it did happen; my birthday in fact exists, and I recognized its existence. As did about 65 other people on Facebook. But alas, it was the first day of classes, and I had work until 6pm. And some of my nearest and dearest forgot it completely. So, it wasn't too festive. Class was intimidating, and work was super busy, as always.
Afterwards, I met up with Katherin and Deej at Risotteria to have a little birthday dinner. Too bad it is gluten free, but not dairy free. I was a bit upset, and settled for the salad. I indulged in a brownie and a fudgey, though. So so good.

Oh yeah, I got my final grade for Fall semester in: Law = A. I rule. How appropriate I'm at a law organization now.

Wednesday I was nonstop for 12 hours. I had a class (where I met the most beautiful German. We'll be married soon, just you wait.) that I couldn't follow (mostly due to the beautiful foreigner near me....I was having trouble concentrating. I'm serious.), bought books, and then a 3-hour doozy where the ever-intense professor let us know just how much work we had in store for our class. Help? After class I had a Chambers meeting, and hit starvation mode, so I crawled home and ate some food before napping.

Yesterday was another day of classes and work. And then another Chambers meeting afterwards. I got home 10 hours later, and was so exhausted that I amounted to nothing for about 5 hours before allowing myself to sleep. Must keep a normal schedule, right?

I would just like to state now my disgust for Washington Square Park's state right now. Tourists stop me on the street all week asking me where the arch is, simply because it is pitch black at night. That's not the park nor atmosphere I recall and love of the village. Way to go, NYC; you're officially dismantling the charm and touristic value of New York City during a time it needs it most (like, say, a recession).

What else......hmmmm....today I worked again. I was nonstop working (be surprised) and a lot of the work was really frustrating. Oh well. And I talked to Kendra and played "catch up" with her for about 30 minutes before my phone conked out. I'm now debating going to a birthday party for Chantal from SciPo in midtown or staying in my warm apartment and doing something similar to that of last night: resting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky for you, skank, semen is gluten and dairy free ;)